TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Gautrain - Airport Free Ride Promotion
This festive season two children, twelve (12) years or under, per family travel for free on the Gautrain’s train service to and from the OR Tambo International Airport. The offer is valid from 08 December 2017 to 14 January 2018.
Parents / Guardians are required to register online on the Gautrain website at www.gautrain.co.za and provide the date(s) of travel and age(s) of the child(ren) who will travel on the Gautrain on these date(s). Confirmation of the booking will be issued via email after successful registration. In order to travel after receiving booking confirmation the parent/guardian of the child(ren) must visit the Gautrain promoter that will be available at the departure station and produce proof of birth date of the child(ren) who have been registered on the website.
The Small Print
- These are the Terms and Conditions for the Gautrain Free Ride Promotion 2017/2018 (the “Promotion”). The promoter of the promotion is Bombela Concession Company (RF) (Proprietary) Limited and/or its agents (referred to herein as "Gautrain" for ease of reference).
- Only children, twelve (12) years or under, per family travel for free on the Gautrain’s train service to and from the OR Tambo International Airport
- Free travel is only applicable when travelling to or from the Gautrain OR Tambo International Airport station from 08 December 2017 to 14 January 2018 .
Step 1 – Gautrain Website Registration
- Registration for the promotion must be done on the Gautrain website (not on the Gautrain app or any other outlet unless specified herein).
Step 2 – Travel Validation & Redemption
- In order to be assisted with free travel, the parent/guardian of the child(ren) who qualify for free travel must visit the Gautrain branded promotion stand at the departure station and produce valid proof of age, i.e. birth certificate or passport of the minor/minors in their company.
- Gautrain promoters will be at clearly marked promotion kiosks at all the Gautrain stations including the OR Tambo Airport Gautrain station. The Gautrain promoters will only be available between the hours of 05h00 and 20h00 every day for the duration of the promotion. No free travel validation will be conducted outside of these hours.
- Free travel is limited to two (2) children per trip for a single family.
- On the day(s) of travel all qualifying children must be accompanied by a fare-paying parent/guardian.
- A parent/guardian must register qualifying child(ren) at www.gautrain.co.za. Where possible, the promoter at the departure station may assist with the online registration. Please note that this will take additional time that must be considered when planning the journey. Early registration on the website is therefore advised in order to avoid delaying your journey.
- Children who qualify for free travel will be issued with a branded promotion wrist-band after travel validation. The promotion wrist band must be worn until the Gautrain trip is completed and the child(ren) have exited the fare gate at the destination station. Gautrain promoters will remove wrist bands upon exit at destination station. Free travel to the qualifying child(ren) will not be permitted if promotion wrist-bands are not worn.
- Free travel, and promotion wrist-bands afforded by this promotion is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash or any other consideration.
- All standard Gautrain rules are to be observed at all times. Penalty fees may be applied should passengers fail to adhere to the Gautrain rules.
- This promotion is not open to any director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to the promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly contruls or is contrulled by the promoter; Gautrain employees or to a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotion.
- In accordance with the South African laws, Gautrain’s confidentiality pulicies and practices, none of the details of any participant in this promotion will be disclosed or used for any purposes other than for entry into the promotion or any opt-in services offered upon registration.
- To the extent permissible by law, Gautrain is indemnified by the parent/guardian/child’s legal representative for any direct loss, indirect or consequential damages that are as a result of participation in this promotion. Gautrain reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate the promotion without prior notice.