Terms and Conditions
The Gautrain Rider Rewards is designed to reward Gautrain customers that purchase Monthly Train Products with a voucher from select retailers. These Gautrain customers may be rewarded with vouchers from selected partners of up to 10% of the value of their Monthly Train Product (“the Promotion”).
The following are the terms and conditions applicable to the Promotion:
1. The Promotion is valid from 27 May 2021 to 27 September 2021. Note, the validity and duration of this promotion is dependent on Covid-19 Lockdown regulations and as such may be adjusted from time to time.
2. The Promotion is only applicable to Monthly Train Products purchased on the Gautrain website at www.gautrain.co.za or on the Gautrain app. Monthly Train Products purchased at Stations do not qualify for this Promotion.
3. Monthly Train Product fares are available on the Gautrain website: www.gautrain.co.za.
4. Train products can only be loaded onto Gautrain Swift cards and cannot be purchased or uploaded to Contactless bank cards.
5. The selected list of partners for this Promotion are:
- Shoprite / Checkers
Gautrain reserves the right to amend the above-mentioned partner list from time to time.
6. The customer must ensure that contact details, with valid South African mobile number and personal information have been captured correctly upon registration on the Gautrain website. Gautrain will not be held liable for the loss or claim of any Rewards vouchers, if the contact details have not been captured correctly.
7. Upon making a purchase of a Monthly Train Product, the customer should receive an SMS within 24 hours of making the transaction. The SMS provides details in terms of how the customer may proceed to receive his/her voucher of choice.
8. The voucher received will be valid for 60 (sixty) days from date of receipt, and if not redeemed within these 60 days will be forfeited. Vouchers can be redeemed instore or online at selected partners.
9. In the event of a delay in receipt of the voucher SMS, the customer must enquire or check with their respective mobile network provider.
10. Please note that the voucher SMS will only be sent from Mondays – Fridays between 06h00 to 18h00 to the mobile number that has been registered on the Gautrain website.
11. Gautrain does not take any responsibility for the quality of the products and/or services offered by the selected retailers and partners.
12. If a customer requests a refund on a Monthly Train Product, the value of the voucher, as well as the standard Gautrain refund admin fee of R19 will be deducted and the balance refunded to the customer.
13. All standard Gautrain rules are to be observed at all times. Penalty fees may be applied should passengers fail to adhere to the Gautrain rules. Please refer to the Gautrain website for Gautrain Travel Rules: https://www.gautrain.co.za/commuter/generalinformation.
14. This Promotion is not open to any directors, members, partners, employees or agents of the Gautrain Management Agency, Bombela Operating Company, Bombela Concession Company or any of their sub-contractors or affiliates; or any supplier of goods or services in connection with this Promotion.
15. In accordance with the South African laws, Gautrain’s confidentiality policies and practices, none of the details of any participant in this Promotion will be disclosed or used for any purposes other than for entry into the Promotion or any opt-in services offered upon registration.
16. Gautrain reserves the right to withdraw, postpone, amend or suspend this Promotion at any time and for any reason which may be deemed necessary, without prior notice. This Promotion may also be amended at any time due to Covid-19 regulations as issued by the Government of South Africa.
17. Gautrain complies with provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (CPA) and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
18. By participating in this Promotion, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms and conditions.
How will this Promotion work?
Step 1 – Register and online account and link your Gautrain Swift Card online
If you are a first-time user, purchase a Gautrain Swift Card at any Gautrain station and register an online account on the Gautrain website at https://www.gautrain.co.za/register. Link your Gautrain Swift Card to your online profile.
Step 2 – Purchase Monthly Train Product
Purchase your Monthly Train Product on the Gautrain website at www.gautrain.co.za or on the Gautrain app. This promotion does not apply to Monthly Train Products purchased at any Gautrain station.
Step 3 – Monthly Train Product Validation
Once a valid Monthly Train Product has been purchased, the purchase will be validated against your online personal details and you will receive an SMS/text message within 24 hours of making your purchase.
Step 4 – Voucher Redemption
Your SMS/text message will be sent to your registered mobile phone which will contain a unique code and USSD string that may be used to redeem your voucher.
Step 5 – Selecting the Reward
Upon selecting a rewards voucher of your choice, you will receive a second SMS/text message to your mobile number providing the selected details of the voucher. Once selected, vouchers cannot be exchanged for a voucher from any other retail partner or for cash.
Step 6 – Using the voucher
You may use the voucher at the selected partner and redeem the qualified value off your purchase at the selected partner. The voucher may be used instore or online at the selected partner.
All vouchers are valid for 60 days from date of receipt, and if not redeemed within the specified period the reward will be forfeited. Gautrain will not be liable for the products or services rendered by the service providers, and any queries related to the products or services must be addressed directly with the respective retail partner.
For any queries, please visit our Contact Us page or call our Customer Care Centre on 0800 428 87246 (0800 GAUTRAIN), daily from 05h30 to 20h00. You may also use the LiveChat feature on the Contact Us page.